John is an experienced manager and leader. Moving from being a Lt Colonel with the Department of Defence to a range of operational management roles with the Thiess group. His strong interpersonal and communications skills make him an ideal mentor and change manager.
John originally trained as an engineer and taken the structure and planning with him over his years with Defence and then into the mining industry across a range of management roles. His leadership skills while as a Lt Col and then as a HR Manager, Manager Project Services, through other management roles whilst working in the mining industry have equipped him for leadership mentoring and change management activities working with all levels of management.
He is an advocate of efficiency and continuous improvement and is skilled in working with management teams to ensure effective outcomes.
Top 5 Skill Endorsements
- Change Management
- Project Management
Areas of Expertise
- Mentoring Expert in Top Management and Staff training/engagement
- Strategic, Business and Operational Planning
- Operations Analysis and Business Improvement
- Workshop Facilitation and Innovation
- Leadership Support and Enhancement
- Stakeholder consultation and involvement
- Strategy development, enhancement and execution
- Organisational change management
- Diploma in Personnel & Resource Mgmt
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering, The University of NSW
- Qualified Army Command and Staff Course (12 months)
- Qualified Royal Military College of Science, Shrivenham UK – Defence Procurement Course (12 months)
- Certificate in Vocational Instruction
- Certified IV in Workplace Trainer (Cat2)