Wilfred has over 25 years of experience in the ICT industry – mostly in building and supporting IT Research Infrastructure and Services. Additionally he has extensive experience in Teaching and Learning areas at The University of Queensland. Wilfred was an Associate Director for 11 years in the portfolios of 'Research and Teaching Support' and 'Customer Services' at UQ. Prior to that Wilfred was the Manager of the Project Office and Systems Integration Group.
Wilfred has extensive experience in implementing new technologies and change at team/entire organisation level. He is very focused on cultural elements of change programs to ensure business change is successful. Wilfred is a strong believer of leading by example in all areas of work and life. He enjoys working with people to empower teams to adapt to change gracefully and to perform well while creating the opportunity for individuals to be valued and receive satisfaction in their work.
Wilfred has a BSc in Computer Science and a BA in English (with an anthropology and cultural studies mix), both from The University of Queensland.
"I worked with Wilfred for several years when he was in charge of an IT Service provision unit. Wilfred has clearly accumulated significant IT industry experience from overseeing a number of large high impact projects. I believe emploters will quickly discover Wilfred is a rare gentleman, highly intelligent, and keen to explore new and innovative concepts. Wilfred's natural curiosity and personable nature would also make him valuable in an IT audit related role."
Dr. Simon Collyer, Technology Manager, The University of Queensland
Top 5 Skill endorsements
- IT Management
- Project Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Data Centre
Areas of expertise
- Operations Analysis and Business Process Improvement
- Program and Project Management
- Governance, Risk Management and Internal Controls
- Leadership Support and Enhancement
- Policy and Procedure development
- Coaching, mentoring and staff engagement
- Stakeholder consultation and involvement
- Vision, planning and documentation
- Organisational change management
- Process & Resource Management
- High Performance Computing
- Big Data infrastructure
- IT Procurement and equipment and service commissioning
- Member of the Australian Computer Society (ACS)
- Member on the Branch Executive Committee of the Queensland Branch of the ACS
- Member of the IT Forum Gold Coast